Decent Chic – it’s all about the hair…and the lighting
I had the pleasure of shooting the insanely talented nude art model Stana.
For that my team and myself created a theme that fits and shapes Stana for once in a slightly different role.
Hollywood and the 50s was a big influence. I was inspired by all the world class actresses and the basic Hollywood lighting, hence we realized this here on a less authentic (hard) level.
I was up to blend the lighting a bit more with a glamorous, soft touch…
I gotta admit I love the results and it will be interesting to see if any of you agree with my selections… Please leave any comments at the end of this post!
Flash Lighting – Flash with Honeycomb Grid and Background Lighting with DIY Cardboard
Behind the Scenes
- Key light: Studio Flash Head with a Honeycomb Grid 10″
- Background: Studio Flash Head with Barndoors shining trough a Cardboard with DIY cut out patterns
- White Balance: 4800K
- Camera: Nikon D700
- Lens: 80-300mm, f/3.5-5.6
- Focal length: 150mm
- F-stop: 10
- Shutter: 1/80
- ISO: 160
- Model: Stana
- Photographer: Dan Hostettler
- Make up & Hair: Antonina Stefanova
Inspirational, Intuitive and Visual Photography Lighting Guide
built for Your Mobile Devices & Desktops
- "Dramatic Lighting" - Inspirational Photography Lighting Guide with Playboy Centerfold Coxy
- Author: Dan Hostettler, BLOG+
- The Marketing: This lighting guide is the first comprehensive and intuitive photo lighting guide with visualized 3D setups, full gear description and lighting diagrams showing 5 different, tasteful sexy scenarios with Playmate Centerfold Coxy Dominika. Drama light does not mean to create dusky sceneries but rather working with well-chosen light areas and corresponding accents. Expect sexy lascivious, dark shadows, round forms, red lips, an overly light-flooded scenario and sensual, seducing emotions!
- Inspirational, Intuitive and Visual
- Pages: 105
- Over 70 key visuals & descriptions in 3D
- 36 tasteful nude images in 5 sets
- 5 lighting plans (2D) for replicating situations in your studio
- Over 30 behind the scenes & illustrative images
- Lighting setups for 1, 2 & 3 lights
- All technical parameters used during the shoots
- Detailed explanation on light directions, impacts on shadows, light interaction and location composition
- Medium: PDF Download for immediate use on your PC, Mac, IProducts & Droids
- StudioPrague's impression: The promise "...to deliver lighting guides that are contemporarily created with tools of the visual, digital age..." is more than fulfilled! This guide offers you the essentials, insights and secrets for accent lighting with simple gear setups. Exquisite photos, background stories and light setting breakdowns realized with affordable lighting equipment.
The most detailed visual 3D setup description combined with beautiful images and illustrative "behind the scenes" pictures makes this guide - in my honest opinion - a creative must-have mobile device add-on that will provide you with valuable support at your next shooting.
An intuitive visual creation never seen in this combination before!
- Nudity: Yes
- Price: $27