Decent Chic – it’s all about the hair…and the lighting
I had the pleasure of shooting the insanely talented nude art model Stana.
For that my team and myself created a theme that fits and shapes Stana for once in a slightly different role.
Hollywood and the 50s was a big influence. I was inspired by all the world class actresses and the basic Hollywood lighting, hence we realized this here on a less authentic (hard) level.
I was up to blend the lighting a bit more with a glamorous, soft touch…
I gotta admit I love the results and it will be interesting to see if any of you agree with my selections… Please leave any comments at the end of this post!
Flash Lighting – Flash with Honeycomb Grid and Background Lighting with DIY Cardboard
Behind the Scenes
- Key light: Studio Flash Head with a Honeycomb Grid 10″
- Background: Studio Flash Head with Barndoors shining trough a Cardboard with DIY cut out patterns
- White Balance: 4800K
- Camera: Nikon D700
- Lens: 80-300mm, f/3.5-5.6
- Focal length: 150mm
- F-stop: 10
- Shutter: 1/80
- ISO: 160
- Model: Stana
- Photographer: Dan Hostettler
- Make up & Hair: Antonina Stefanova
Inspirational, Intuitive and Visual Photography Lighting Guide
built for Your Mobile Devices & Desktops